Friday, April 26, 2013

Farewell

Time Wll Spent

Farwell:  To my instructors at Walden, it has truly been a learning experience.
One I will remember the rest of my life.  I appreciate all the knowledge and
professionalism that all of you have shown during my time spent with you.

Three deeply felt learning's

a.  This program has taught me how to merge my vision, passion, and advocacy efforts to
make a difference in the lives of children, families and the early childhood field by becoming a catalyst for change.

b.  This program has also enlightened my professional abilities by inspiring, motivating and modeling the skill set and awareness of pedagogy.  If have been able to utilize techniques and strategies within my classrooms and they have enhanced the learning environment and motivated my students.

c.  The third deeply felt learning was the lesson on leadership and the power of effective communication characteristics.  The characteristics that I have learned about authentic and transformative leadership qualities shall be my focus as I lead while attempting to make a difference in the lives that I touch.

Long term goal

I plan to make an impact on families living in poverty while raising awareness and preventive measures to assist them with education and living conditions.

Colleagues

Colleagues, what can I say?  Thank each of you for your class participation, your sharing and caring spirits.  I wish each of you many blessings.  Let us remember the children, and our reason for becoming a catalyst for change.   BEST WISHES!!

Dr. Teri,

Your patience and understanding is a virtue.  Thank yo for being you.  Your guidance and participation within our discussions and on line chats were encouraging.  I needed the support of a caring instructor.  Than you again.  I finally got my Wordle to look like I wanted.

The following quotes are for you.

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming.  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of wisdome but rather leads you to the threshould of your mind.  Kahlil Gibran

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.  Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa! I really like the quotes you included. I will carry some of those lessons with me into my personal and professional life as well. Congratulations on everything and keep up the great work as an anti-bias educator and leader to children and families in the early childhood field! Your students are fortunate to have such a passionate teacher. The future is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of words was magnificent - "becoming a catalyst for change". Well, let's see if the world is ready for us!

    ReplyDelete