Sunday, October 14, 2012

Adjourning Groups

I personally file that adjourning any group where active participation has taken place is somewhat hard because ties and connections have been made and new found friendships have occured. When you belong to a high performing group who has made it through the norming and performing stage, you pretty much know a little about the person. I once belonged in a group through my job. I became acquainted with the people within the group at a best practices workshop. We had a week to work closely together. We had to come up with a group presentation to present before the class. This was a high performance group. We followed the five steps that I've became acquainted with this week. At that time I did not know about the steps, I just know the procedures we went throught. Although my group did not make everyone feel valued, I was happy and sad at the end of the week. One group was to be chosen for the best project, and we would have won if they had let everyone talk, like I suggested. They wanted the young man from the group to talk and represent us all. After the session had come to an end, the professor said that we had the best project, and would have won if we all had something to say about the project and the contributions toward the final project. I believe that when you work with groups in a high performing status, you become familiar with each member and creating bonds. By the time the group comes to an end, you hate to see everyone go their seperate ways. Only rarely do you continue networking with your acquaintences. While attending Walden, I have networked with a variety of people. The group participation has been great and the bond are meaningful ways to meet the educational task we have to meet. I believe that at the end of our educational journey I will wish everyone good luck and congratulate them for a job well done, and for their participation within each course. Adjourning is an essential stage because all good things must come to an end. Closure is always adequate for showing appreciation and gratitude. I also think is is important for closure, because you never know when you will need to contact people again, so it's best to adjourn properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment